As we discussed in Part 1 of 10 Hair Tips to Style like a Pro regardless of the style you are trying to accomplish it always seems like hair stylists do it better. In Part 1 we learned 5 tips including the perfect shampoo and how to use Velcro rollers for lift. Here are 5 additional tips to get salon perfection at home:
- Drop the towel. Keeping wet hair wrapped in a towel can cause frizz! The roughness of the towel will open up your hair cuticles, making them more likely to go in every direction, but where you want them. Instead, try letting your hair air-dry for five or ten minutes before blow drying.
- Apply products 10 minutes before you style. Whether you are straightening or curling, if you apply products 10 minutes in advance it will allow the product time to fully absorb into your hair so you get all of its benefits.
- Wrap—don’t clamp—your hair for quick curls. When using a curling iron, you don’t always need to clamp your hair down on the barrel. Instead try wrapping sections of hair around the iron and hold in place for about 20 seconds for a similar style.
- Use spray bottles as your new lazy-day BFF.If your locks are looking flat from the day before, instead of washing and re-styling spray the top layer of hair with water until it is damp. Then with a big barrel round brush blow your hair dry. This will bring back that “just done” volume and create all-over smooth hair.
- Use dry shampoo a different way.Instead of waiting until your hair needs a pick-me-up, apply dry shampoo to your roots immediately after you wash and dry them. This will provide a barrier to help fight off oil and buildup.