Whether you are looking for a bombshell blowout, the perfect shampoo, or gorgeous color, stylists know all the tricks to get you looking great. Try these easy tips to get for salon perfection at home.
- Find a shampoo that lathers less. Bubbles don’t always mean clean; in fact it can mean the exact opposite. Shampoos that lather too much are often loaded with moisturizers that can leave build-up in your hair, making it look and feel dirtier. Instead, look for a sulfate-free shampoo instead.
- Give your locks a burst of cold.Before you jump out of the shower, turn the cold water on for a few seconds and quickly rinse it through your hair. A burst of cold water will help seal the cuticle, providing you with a sleek finish.
- Play hot-and-cold as you dry. When drying your hair start from the roots and dry all the way to the ends. If you are using a brush let it linger at the ends and cool off like this for five seconds or so. Alternating between hot and cold will help set your style and your blowout more body.
- Do an at-home glaze between color appointments. A hair glazefills holes in your hair cuticles, helping smooth your tresses and hold in moisture. This will keep your color shiny and bright so it lasts longer and look better.
- Use rollers for high-volume. For the ultimate hair lift, blow your hair dry and section it off. Divide the sections into three smaller sections and wrap each one in a velcro hair roller. Let your hair sit for 30 minutes, unwrap, lightly comb, and then spray for hold.
Check back soon for Part 2 of 10 Hair Tips to Style like a Pro, where we will discuss new ways to use dry shampoo and why not to use a towel among other tips.